YoungStar for child care providers
For The Family
For The Community
DONate and support us
What is Youngstar?
YoungStar is Wisconsin’s Child Care Quality Rating & Improvement System, designed to help child care providers improve and succeed. YoungStar Quality Consultants provide on site consultation throughout five counties (Calumet, Green Lake, Outagamie, Waupaca, and Winnebago).
YoungStar raises the bar for Wisconsin child care providers by supporting and incentivizing them to develop the quality of their child care program, increasing quality care available to Wisconsin children and families. Child care providers who participate in YoungStar are regularly evaluated and rated every two years, or as quality increases.
Child care programs can earn up to 5 stars based on four key categories:
• Provider’s Education & Training
• Learning Environment & Curriculum
• Program’s Professional & Business Practices
• Children’s Health & Well-Being
Youngstar Coaching Services
Regulated child care providers in CCR&R’s service delivery area (Calumet, Green Lake, Outagamie, Waupaca & Winnebago counties) can receive free YoungStar Technical Consulting. Consultation is catered to each program’s specific goals but can include the following:
- Practice-based coaching
- Technical consulting services
- On site professional development
- Classroom observation/ child guidance techniques
- Reviewing policies and handbooks
- Family engagement tips and tools
- Room arrangements and supporting developmentally appropriate environments
Interested in participating in Youngstar?
Contact CCR&R at 920-886-1211 or email email@example.com to connect with a YoungStar Quality Coach today! View the YoungStar FAQ flyer for more information on how you can benefit from participating in YoungStar.
Click here to visit the YoungStar website.
Calumet, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Manitowoc, Outagamie, Sheboygan, Waupaca and Winnebago Counties
Copyright © 2019 Child Care Resource and Referral, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.