Website ThedaCare Child Learning Center
Living A Life Inspired!
Our new vision at ThedaCare is bold, ambitious, and ignited by a shared passion to provide outstanding care. We are inspired to reinvent health care by becoming a proactive partner in health, enriching the lives of all and creating value in everything we do. Each of us are called to take action in delivering higher standards of care, lower costs and a healthier future for our patients, our families, our communities and our world.
At ThedaCare, our team members are empowered to be the catalyst of change through our values of compassion, excellence, leadership, innovation, and agility. A career means much more than excellent compensation and benefits. Our team members are supported by continued opportunities for learning and development, accessible and transparent leadership, and a commitment to work/life balance. If you’re interested in joining a health care system that is changing the face of care and well-being in our community, we encourage you to explore a future with ThedaCare.
Benefits, with a whole-person approach to wellness –
Lifestyle Engagemente.g. health coaches, relaxation rooms, health focused apps (Wonder, Ripple), mental health support
Access & Affordabilitye.g. minimal or zero copays, team member cost sharing premiums, daycare
The Assistant Teacher assists classroom teachers in planning and carrying out daily programs designed to nurture and meet the physical and developmental needs of a group of children. Works in collaboration with teachers to supervise the needs of the individual children. Understands early childhood education and developmentally appropriate practices. Supports the educational philosophy of ‘learning through play’.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
Age Group – 2 year old
1. Develops and supports effective team interactions through open and honest communication, is receptive to feedback, and mentors and develops others.
2. Is flexible and adaptive to the rapidly changing needs of the children, parents, families, workflow, team, and ThedaCare.
3. Supports Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards with lesson planning and curriculum.
4. Supports Pyramid Model standards for evidence-based practices to improve social/emotional behaviors.
5. Assists teachers in updating portfolios on each child related to individual development.
6. Collaborates with coworkers and leaders to achieve desired student outcomes.
7. Takes responsibility for own professional growth, development, and personal wellness. Actively participates in and supports a healthy work environment.
8. Adheres to State of Wisconsin requirements for continuing education.
High school diploma
Meets one of the following NAEYC regulations:
A current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential issued by the Council of Professional Recognition
A CDA equivalent as defined by NAYCE as at least 12 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education
An associate’s degree in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education.
The equivalency to an associate’s degree (AA) in early childhood education, which is defined by NAEYC as at least 60 college/university credits with at least 30 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education
A baccalaureate degree (BA) in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education
The equivalency to a baccalaureate degree (BA) or higher in early childhood education, which is defined by NAEYC as a baccalaureate degree in any discipline with at least 36 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education
A master degree (MA) or higher in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education
Heart Saver First Aid Certification
• Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds without assistance
• Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
• Climate controlled office setting with daily movement throughout the facility
• Interaction with department members and other healthcare providers
Position requires compliance with department specific competencies.
To apply for this job please visit careers.thedacare.org.