- Hours: 15.00
- Registry tier level: 3
The Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards specify developmental expectations for children from birth through entrance to first grade. The standards reflect attention to all the domains of a child’s learning and development. The standards reflection attention to all the domains of a child’s learning and development. Each domain is divided into sub-domains. Each sub-domain includes developmental expectations, program standards, performance standards and developmental continuum. Samples of children’s behavior and adult strategies are also provided.
- Understand the domains of child development
- Obtain strategies and resources for laying a strong foundation in early care and education
- Learn how to use concrete tools and tips for applying early learning standard in group and family child care programs
Training Session Dates
- Thursday, September 1, 2022 ~ 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 ~ 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 ~ 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2022 ~ 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, September 29, 2022 ~ 6:00-9:00 pm
Training Requirements & Important Information for Participants
- This training is a LIVE virtual training. Training sessions are NOT recorded. Participants must attend all sessions in order to receive Registry credit! Participants must have reliable internet and access the training from a laptop or computer. Participating on a cellphone is not allowed.
- Participants must have access to a WMELS book to complete this training. Participants can access the WMELS book free electronically here (scroll down and click on image of book to access it): http://www.collaboratingpartners.com/wmels/trainings/
- Or purchase a printed copy here: https://pubsales.dpi.wi.gov/product-category/wmels-early-learning/
- The Zoom link invitation will be sent to each participant before the training. Please email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org if you do not receive the zoom information within 1 day before the start of the virtual training.
September 1, 2022 - September 29, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm