In this training, participants will learn the fundamentals of the WMELS Social and Emotional Development domain. Each sub-domain will be explored to maximize teacher’s understanding of how children grow both
socially and emotionally and their role in facilitating activities. Participants will be given opportunities to identify the process by which children learn skills and how to utilize intentional planning to increase children’s development within this domain through practice observations.
Who Should Attend?
Child care providers who have completed the WMELS training but desire to dive deeper into the social and emotional development domain in order to learn how to effectively plan and assess children’s learning.
In this training, participants will:
• Define social and emotional development.
• Recognize the importance of supporting growth in social and emotional development.
• Examine each of the WMELS sub-domains.
• Evaluate how our own social and emotional development influences our teaching strategies.
• Demonstrate how to assess children’s current skills.
• Develop intentionally planned experiences and environments related to social and emotional
- September 22, 2020
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm