*Available to childcare providers working in the following cities/counties: Calumet, Outagamie, Waupaca, and Neenah/Menasha (per funding guidelines)
Funding for this Conscious Discipline E-course has been provided by the John and Sally Mielke Early Years Fund for the Fox Valley within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
- There’s a fundamental flaw in many discipline approaches: The expectation that adults can teach skills we struggle with ourselves. Curriculums that provide words and actions for children without providing the words and actions for adults will always fall flat. We cannot effectively teach skills we do not practice ourselves! Empower yourself to change the “do as I say, not as I do” dynamic with Handling Upset: The Adult-first Mindset Shift. It is the perfect entry point for those just learning about Conscious Discipline and a powerful refresher course for those who are already implementing Conscious Discipline in their home, center, school, district or workplace.
- Training Hours: 8
The E-course dives deep to explore:
- The adult-first mindset shift: What it is and why it’s essential for children’s growth and our own
- The foundation of upset: Where upset comes from and how to handle it
- The Conscious Discipline Brain State Model: The key that unlocks an understanding of children’s behavior and our own
- Active calming and wishing well: Two core strategies for regaining composure and bringing the best of ourselves to each moment
- Noticing: A simple technique for replacing brain-depleting judgment with brain-building language
- Brain integration strategies: An integrated brain is wired for learning, problem solving and achievement
- Strategies for naming and claiming our feelings: Managing our upset improves every relationship in our lives, and models and teaches the skills we want children to use
Video-Based Training Modules with Jill Molli and Dr. Becky Bailey
- Participants will watch the eight video modules on their own while completing the course workbook. Participants should expect each module to take them about 1 hour to complete (8 hours total). Conscious Discipline Master Instructor Jill Molli leads 8 hours of video training, including key points presented by Dr. Becky Bailey. Gain insight into why an adult-first approach to self-regulation is absolutely necessary, and how to shift from passing down our wounds and triggers to modeling and teaching the behaviors we want children to acquire.
Virtual Child Care Provider “Lunch & Learn” Cohort
- Lunch & Learn Cohorts will meet virtually once a month for 1.50 hours over three months.
- Participants will get access to the Conscious Discipline E-Course via email on September 29th to begin the e-course.
- Participants will virtually gather and reflect as a cohort on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, ~ 12:30-2:00 pm, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, ~ 12:30-2:00 p.m., and Wednesday, December 6, 2023, ~ 12:30-2:00 pm to cover important session concepts and how these concepts can be applied to participants’ daily work in childcare settings.
Virtual Cohort Dates:
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023 ~ 12:30-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023 ~ 12:30-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 ~ 12:30-2:00 pm
Virtual Cohort Hours: 4.50
- A workbook will be available for you to download or print and complete as you complete the e-course.
IMPORTANT- Please allow time for CCR&R staff to send you an email invitation to the course. If you don’t receive an email invitation from Conscious Discipline inviting you to the course within 2 business days, please email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org. We appreciate your patience as this is a very exciting opportunity & we are working to accommodate many childcare providers.
- Spots are limited—Register early!
- Questions? Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org
- September 30, 2023 - December 6, 2023
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm