- Tier: 2
- Hours: 5
- Description: This five-hour online course will provide you with a comprehensive look at the Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Third Edition, referred to as FCCERS-3. FCCERS-3 is designed to assess family child care programs serving children from birth through school-age, up to 12 years of age, including the provider’s own children if present. This online training requires participants to complete knowledge checks, assignments and to interact with the instructor and peers through discussion boards.
- Prerequisites: This course is designed to be taken after completion of the Introduction to the Environment Rating Scales, Supporting Program’s Participating in YoungStar or Moving to the Third Edition of the Environment Rating Scales, Supporting Program’s Participating in YoungStar Prepare for 2021/2022.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss terms used in FCCERS-3
- Identify subscales and items specific to FCCERS-3
- Utilize FCCERS-3 for program assessment
Important note: The Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Third Edition book will be provided to registered participants. Participants will be required to either pick up the book from our office at 1001 W. Kennedy Avenue, Suite A, Kimberly, WI 54136 or child care programs who actively participate in YoungStar may ask their YoungStar Quality Coach to drop off the book during an upcoming program visit. Participants are responsible for ensuring they receive their book before the beginning of the course. Please email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org for questions/concerns.
January 17, 2022 - January 24, 2022