- Online, self paced course begins 9/4/23 however participants can register up until 9/30/23 to be enrolled in this course.
- Training Format: Online & Self Paced
- Total Hours: 45
- Registry Level: Tier 3
How do I complete an online training?
- On Friday, September 1, 2023 you will receive an email instructing you how to log into the online training database, ECExplorer. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive any email communication. Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211 for assistance.
- Once you have successfully logged into ECExplorer, you will complete the online coursework at your own pace. All coursework, assignments, and quizzes must be completed by the end date listed below. Video tutorials will be available to assist you in understanding how to submit assignments, complete coursework, view grades, connect with your instructor, etc. Students are offered virtual or in person office hours to meet with the course instructor and receive assistance.
- Office hours are OPTIONAL, not required. We encourage you to reach out to CCR&R instructors to receive individualized support throughout the course.
- You will have the ability to view, download or print all course handouts, and assignments during the course. Access to all course materials will close by the course end date listed below. Using a cellphone to complete this course is not allowed.
- Students who successfully complete the entire coursework with an 80% grade or better will receive a Registry certificate of completion through the mail. This proof of completion is mailed to the address listed on your Registry account, be sure this is updated! A record of completion is added to your Registry profile on your behalf. If you do not have a Registry account, you can easily create one for free here: https://wiregistry.org/individuals/. While a Registry membership will be helpful in the future, is not required to complete this course.
Provides entry level knowledge and skills for individuals as they begin to or intend to care for children in group or family child care settings. Learners explore rules and regulations governing group and family child care and the responsibilities of child care providers. This course fulfills introductory non-credit course requirements as specified in the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Chapters 250 and 251 for family and group child care in Wisconsin’s Administrative Code.
Successful completion of the class will require demonstration of the following competencies. Each competency has a number of specific objectives that need to be demonstrated. The competencies will be met through a combination of class activities, homework assignments, and projects.
Competencies included in the course:
1. Explore standards for a quality child care environment.
2. Summarize the roles and responsibilities of child care providers.
3. Summarize responsibilities for identifying, documenting, and reporting child abuse and neglect.
4. Explore child development.
5. Use positive guidance strategies when caring for children.
6. Carry out developmentally appropriate routines and schedules.
7. Use transition strategies.
8. Follow plans for activities that promote child development.
9. Apply universal precautions and sanitary practices.
10. Adhere to health standards for sick and injured children.
11. Provide for the safety of children.
12. Provide for nutritional needs of children.
13. Demonstrate respect for diversity among children and families.
14. Communicate with families and staff.
15. Use stress management strategies.
- Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211
- Introduction to the Child Care Profession Provider Registration
September 4, 2023 - December 4, 2023
12:00 am - 11:00 pm