Course Description: The Fundamentals of Family Child Care online course provides essential information and resources to help you start your family child care business. The following topics are covered in this online course: Wisconsin child care regulations for family child care providers to become either county-certified or state-licensed, business practices, records & finances, providing for children’s individual needs, family & professional relationships, and many other resources to support starting your family child care business.
Format: Online, self-paced
Registry Tier: Tier 3
How do I complete an online training?
- 1-2 days prior to the training start date you will receive an email instructing you how to log into the online training database, ECExplorer. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive any email communication. Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211 for assistance.
- Once you have successfully logged into ECExplorer, you will complete the online coursework at your own pace. All coursework, assignments, and quizzes must be completed by the end date listed below. Video tutorials will be available to assist you in understanding how to submit assignments, complete coursework, view grades, connect with your instructor, etc. Students are offered virtual or in person office hours to meet with the course instructor and receive assistance. Office hours are OPTIONAL, not required. We encourage you to reach out to CCR&R instructors and staff to receive individualized support throughout the course.
- You will have the ability to view, download or print all course handouts and assignments during the course. Using a cellphone to complete this course is not allowed.
- Students who successfully complete the entire coursework with an 80% grade or better will receive a Registry certificate of completion through the mail. A record of completion is added to your Registry profile on your behalf. If you do not have a Registry account, you can easily create one for free here: https://wiregistry.org/individuals/.
- April 24, 2023 - May 15, 2023
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.