- THIS IS THE LAST FREE SKILLS & STRATEGIES FOR THE CHILD CARE TEACHER COURSE OFFERED THROUGH CCR&R!
- The Free Foundational Training Grant provided by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF) ends on June 1, 2023. If you are needing to complete one or more courses, NOW is the time to register before it’s too late!
- Training Format: Virtual & Self Paced
- Total Hours: 45
- Registry Level: Tier 3
How do I complete an online training?
- Once you complete registration, you will receive an email instructing you how to log into the online training database, ECExplorer. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive any email communication. Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211 for assistance.
- Once you have successfully logged into ECExplorer, you will complete the online coursework at your own pace. All coursework, assignments, and quizzes must be completed by the end date listed below. Video tutorials will be available to assist you in understanding how to submit assignments, complete coursework, view grades, connect with your instructor, etc. Students are offered virtual or in person office hours to meet with the course instructor and receive assistance. Office hours are OPTIONAL, not required. We encourage you to reach out to CCR&R instructors and staff to receive individualized support throughout the course.
- You will have the ability to view, download or print all course handouts, assignments etc. Using a cellphone to complete this course is not allowed.
- Students who successfully complete the entire coursework with an 80% grade or better will receive a Registry certificate of completion through the mail. A record of completion is added to your Registry profile on your behalf. If you do not have a Registry account, you can easily create one for free here: https://wiregistry.org/individuals/.
The Skills and Strategies Class will prepare individuals to be successful in the role of a Lead/Head Child Care Teacher in an early childhood setting. This will be accomplished by thoroughly examining the subjects of curriculum planning and activity selection in a developmentally appropriate early childhood environment. Additional topics to be covered include exploring strategies to involve parents and the role of observation in a developmentally appropriate program. Child guidance and professionalism are also further developed. This class is one of the required classes for Lead/Head Teachers in Group Child Care programs.
- Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211
- February 27, 2023 - May 15, 2023