- THIS IS THE LAST FREE FUNDAMENTALS OF INFANT & TODDLER CARE COURSE OFFERED THROUGH CCR&R!
- The Free Foundational Training Grant provided by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF) ends on June 1, 2023. If you are needing to complete one or more courses, NOW is the time to register before it’s too late!
This class will prepare participants to be successful working with infants and toddlers in a Child Care setting. This will be done by thoroughly exploring the topics of: Professionalism; Growth and Development from birth to 2 years; Licensing Regulations; Environments and Routines; Planning Age Appropriate Curriculum; Health & Safety; Child Guidance; and Professional Communication.
- Course start date: Monday, February 27, 2023
- Course end Date: Monday, May 15, 2023
- Hours: 18 hours
- Training Format: Online/Self-Paced
- Registry Level: Tier 3
How do I complete an online training?
- Once you complete registration, you will receive an email instructing you how to log into the online training database, ECExplorer. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive any email communication. Email Danab@ccrrfoxvalley.org or call our office (920) 886-1211 for assistance.
- Once you have successfully logged into ECExplorer, you will complete the online coursework at your own pace. All coursework, assignments, and quizzes must be completed by the end date listed below. Video tutorials will be available to assist you in understanding how to submit assignments, complete coursework, view grades, connect with your instructor, etc. Students are offered virtual or in person office hours to meet with the course instructor and receive assistance. Office hours are OPTIONAL, not required. We encourage you to reach out to CCR&R instructors and staff to receive individualized support throughout the course.
- You will have the ability to view, download or print all course handouts, assignments etc. Using a cellphone to complete this course is not allowed.
- Students who successfully complete the entire coursework with an 80% grade or better will receive a Registry certificate of completion through the mail. A record of completion is added to your Registry profile on your behalf. If you do not have a Registry account, you can easily create one for free here: https://wiregistry.org/individuals/.
Successful completion of the class will require demonstration of the following competencies. Each competency has a number of specific objectives that need to be demonstrated. The competencies will be met through a combination of class activities, homework assignments, and projects.
1. Nurture infant and toddler development.
2. Provide a safe and healthy environment for infants and toddlers.
3. Demonstrate care giving routines.
4. Provide developmentally appropriate guidance for infants and toddlers.
5. Plan activities that promote infant and toddler growth and development.
6. Communicate infant and toddler development and care giving.
- February 27, 2023 - May 15, 2023